(Scottish Charity Number SC037400) 

The information we gather
This notice explains how personal data about members is collected and used for administration and membership purposes. Under the legislation, the Association, is a ‘data controller’ and gather information about members including your name, professional address, email address you have provided, date admitted as a member and date you cease to be a member. Our Secretary gathers this information directly from you by application form or email.

Reasons for processing
We obtain this information and use if for the duration of your membership and after your membership ends. We process information about you to comply with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations as well as to keep you informed of conferences, training and related information. We will never sell or provide your data onto third parties and will take all reasonable technical and operational measures to store your personal data securely.

Retention and exchange of information
Information will be held on Klaviyo a fully secure server system. We will keep your information during your membership and after but for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies or where appropriate exemptions apply under data protection rules. If information is to be transferred to a third party outside of the EU, we will contact you to obtain your consent.

Sensitive Personal Data
We do not routinely collect any data other than your name and email address. If you provide us with any sensitive information about e.g. past convictions, you consent to us processing that data for the purposes set out above. Otherwise we will usually only collect and record sensitive personal information with your prior consent.

Further enquiries and complaints
Please contact our secretary,, if we need to correct/update any personal data. Please note that you also have a right to be ‘erased’ and if you require further information in this regard or have any questions or concerns, please contact our Secretary. If you have a query or concern that is not dealt with appropriately, this can matter can be escalated to the Information Commissioner ( where you will find information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.